Skip to main content

About Me

I am Seoyeon Kim, also known as Summer.

My name, Summer, is the first English name I got since I was born. I think my name is quite unique and it represents me the best, so I included this name in my blog title, too. The name Summer Passion simply means passion of mine. I also think Summer is the most passionate season of the year, since the sun is the hottest, the plants are the greenest, and people come out and enjoy the weather in Summer. I hope to live a passionate life like Summer, and live doing what I enjoy.

Although I am an international student, I had, and also have quite a difficult time on English since I have never lived abroad. I was completely a Korean student, and I never have thought of going abroad at all, never before I came to KMLA. Even though it is uncomfortable for me to speak and write in English, I look forward to the oversea life and also want to grow my English skills before in KMLA.

I have two siblings, one 2 years younger than me, and the other 11 years younger. I am the eldest child in my family, and this fact gives me excess responsibility, especially since my younger brother is too young, and my sister is planning to major in violin. All my parents' expectations are concentrated on me, so it is kind of a stress on me. However, I believe I was also able to grow my responsibility and a sense of independence thanks to my siblings, and helped me take care of myself in the dormitory.

One more to say, I like playing the flute. I even once thought to later major on playing the flute, but since my sister was much more talented in music, I decided to study more, and just enjoy flute as a hobby. As I think back now, it was a better choice for me, since I got to learn chemistry, which I enjoy more than playing the flute. However, I still enjoy playing it now as a hobby, and I also joined KMLA Orchestra, the classical orchestra club of KMLA, too.


I hope this blog will help me find the fun in writing, and become a place where I can express all my thoughts in. Please look forward to Summer Passion!

Comments

  1. A picture of a picture... very nice. And the name "summer' is definitely better than winter. Even when summer is too hot and people complain, I will never claim to miss winter and always enjoy the freedom of summer, so please end this cold weather with your radiant flute music! Do I sound like Mr. Moon? As for your English, the best way to improve is to read avidly and write freely, without any hesitation. A blog is perfect for that, so don't wait for me to tell you what to do here if you enjoy sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Metafiction: The man that noticed his hand

Once upon a time, there was a woman named Doo-you living in New York. She used to work at a cosmetics company, five days a week from 9 in the morning to 6 in the evening. She thought her life was very much stable and was satisfied with it before a typical incident that changed her life... She now had grandsons and granddaughters, and she starts to tell them that story, the worst experience in her life that she can never forget. Once upon a time, there was a man living in New York. He worked at an insurance company which was 3 stories under Doo-you's cosmetic company , five days a week from 9 in the morning to 6 in the evening so  two met every day on the elevator.  One day, as he was typing on his laptop, it suddenly occurred to him that his hands were grotesque. The end of his arms was divided into five lanky, ugly, pieces that could move separately. He immediately felt disgusted at this weird part of him. At first, he thought that the whole thing was a dream. He slapped and

Meeting the Real Me (ear plugs)

At first, it came as a free gift from an online shopping mall. Thinking that the pair of earplug would surely come in handy, I kept them in my backpack for sometime in the future. Then, there came a day when this pair of squishy little rubber came to my attention. My sensitive nature sometimes gives me a hard time when my roommate’s working on her homework late at night. At times, I wished I had a roommate who shares the same life pattern as mine, but it was just a dream far away. When, again, she was working on her science device late at night, and I was in the most desperate need of sleep. I remembered the existence of these earplugs. I rummaged through my backpack and took them out, and stuck them in my ears. The sensitivity to noise magically disappeared, and I happily fell asleep. Shutting ears to the negative comments and opinions. Our physiological nature forbids such an amazing feature. Often, I envy those who claim to have selective hearing. When asked what superpower

This I Believe-Power of Conducting

I believe that an invisible yet magical harmony flows out and saturates my audience when I swing my conductor's baton. Though many people think that I conduct an orchestra, I, in fact, conduct myself. In natural science, the word conduct refers to the heat or electric activity passing through materials. In other words, it portrays an energy flow. In music, the word offers a meaning so different. Being a flutist for almost a decade, I was an avid member of an orchestra. Finding the perfect tune together with other members was a sheer joy. Over time, I led four major concerts and grew as a conductor: the 22nd waver conductor of KMLA orchestra. Looking back, I never dreamt of becoming a conductor. Applying to be a conductor was a whim of the moment thing. And ten months after that I was named the conductor of KMLA orchestra. I can clearly recall the first time I picked my baton at the morning assembly. Nervous, I could barely utter any word. But after much endeavor,