Skip to main content

Relay Writing - Facebook Update

Finally. Finally, I have graduated high school. Finally, I don't have to get up at 6 and go to morning exercises. Finally, I don't have to wear that long, uncomfortable Hanbok. Finally, I can order chicken whenever I want and drink cold sodas. I don't have to be edgy on every Monday because of the cleaning checkup. I don't have to walk around the huge school with my sore ankles. I can use my room alone and have peace and quietness. I can also avoid people that make me feel awkward and mad. I'm so happy that now I can end all these meaningless relationships. Finally, I can enjoy my life better.
Reading back I made KMLA life seem all terrible, but there were some great parts about it, too. I'll miss all the teachers (actually not "all" maybe..), the unique education of KMLA, my room in the dormitory, the ramen I ate with my roommates and classmates, and most of all, friends, especially my classmates I've met during the 3 years, ...... Still, I'm HAPPY!!!!!
I NOW FOUND MY LIFE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Jihyun Jeon
Congratulations! I know how much you hated your time in KMLA and now you can finally escape it. ;p I haven't heard much about your post-graduation plans. What are you going to do now? What schools did you get into? I know you probably got into one of the top schools but I am still curious. We might be going to schools in the same region!
┗ Seoyeon SUMMER Kim
I actually got regular Harvard! I can't wait to go and meet other people. I guess I'll enter some city orchestra because I really miss my KMLA Orchestra- oh the memories! I also plan to buy an airplane so I can travel around the world in my gap year. My family opened a lobster restaurant next to our pharmacy, so I'll buy you one whenever you come over. :) See you in America! Maybe we'll go to a pub to drink. Or you can visit my penthouse anytime, just so we can chat together and see the beautiful views.
┗ Jihyun Jeon
Great! However, I'm not sure whether I will have time to do so. I have a year full of schedule, to meet with presidents all around the world. They will take me to the greatest restaurant in their country and I will have a great career. I'm not sure whether I'll like your lobster or not... Sorry about that.
┗ Seoyeon SUMMER Kim
Ouch, that hurts... Forget the lobster then. But you should STILL come to the 22nd waver international alumni trip! Don't forget that we booked the plane ticket for May 1st, Incheon Airport. Europe here we go! You gotta see enough of Europe before getting stuck in Harvard, dude.

*Special thanks to Jihyun, Yeongheon, Minji, and Hajin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metafiction: The man that noticed his hand

Once upon a time, there was a woman named Doo-you living in New York. She used to work at a cosmetics company, five days a week from 9 in the morning to 6 in the evening. She thought her life was very much stable and was satisfied with it before a typical incident that changed her life... She now had grandsons and granddaughters, and she starts to tell them that story, the worst experience in her life that she can never forget. Once upon a time, there was a man living in New York. He worked at an insurance company which was 3 stories under Doo-you's cosmetic company , five days a week from 9 in the morning to 6 in the evening so  two met every day on the elevator.  One day, as he was typing on his laptop, it suddenly occurred to him that his hands were grotesque. The end of his arms was divided into five lanky, ugly, pieces that could move separately. He immediately felt disgusted at this weird part of him. At first, he thought that the whole thing was a dream. He slapped and

Meeting the Real Me (ear plugs)

At first, it came as a free gift from an online shopping mall. Thinking that the pair of earplug would surely come in handy, I kept them in my backpack for sometime in the future. Then, there came a day when this pair of squishy little rubber came to my attention. My sensitive nature sometimes gives me a hard time when my roommate’s working on her homework late at night. At times, I wished I had a roommate who shares the same life pattern as mine, but it was just a dream far away. When, again, she was working on her science device late at night, and I was in the most desperate need of sleep. I remembered the existence of these earplugs. I rummaged through my backpack and took them out, and stuck them in my ears. The sensitivity to noise magically disappeared, and I happily fell asleep. Shutting ears to the negative comments and opinions. Our physiological nature forbids such an amazing feature. Often, I envy those who claim to have selective hearing. When asked what superpower

This I Believe-Power of Conducting

I believe that an invisible yet magical harmony flows out and saturates my audience when I swing my conductor's baton. Though many people think that I conduct an orchestra, I, in fact, conduct myself. In natural science, the word conduct refers to the heat or electric activity passing through materials. In other words, it portrays an energy flow. In music, the word offers a meaning so different. Being a flutist for almost a decade, I was an avid member of an orchestra. Finding the perfect tune together with other members was a sheer joy. Over time, I led four major concerts and grew as a conductor: the 22nd waver conductor of KMLA orchestra. Looking back, I never dreamt of becoming a conductor. Applying to be a conductor was a whim of the moment thing. And ten months after that I was named the conductor of KMLA orchestra. I can clearly recall the first time I picked my baton at the morning assembly. Nervous, I could barely utter any word. But after much endeavor,